Monday, December 17, 2007

Skeuomorph: a Moment Trapped in Time…



It was another painful day, running between offices with a bandaged arm trying to finish paper work. Despite how sunny and beautiful was the morning that day, I could not stand a second to enjoy or appreciate it. I was on a mission impossible to get through with Italian red tape. Too many things going on, too many variables, too many changes, that I could not take one at a time…

Just when I was going up to the staircase of one of the university’s buildings, someone was playing the piano; I think it was the Pachelbel’s canon for Bach. At that moment, I felt that the time stopped. All the clocks in the world stopped, it was just me and the music in the middle of the extreme madness of life…At that moment outside of the window on the staircase, a feather was going down slowly as if dancing on the music being played. At that moment, it felt the world has stopped just to smile back at me. It felt so peaceful, as an aquarelle drawing of a serene peaceful spring sunset. That moment felt like eternity, like a black and white photograph for Brassaï that hanged on a wall for years or a Christmas crystal snowball where nothing changes inside…It was as if watching myself in a movie being played and not realizing that I was the main protagonist. The feather kept on dancing, the music kept on playing and I standing in the middle and consciously aware of me at the scene being played.

After spending an eternal moment in that scene of an abstract existence, the clock started ticking back. Just like another moment, but I was no longer the same person the moment before. Something in me was changed for good; only then, I saw the reality of my reality…





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks
I felt this moment while reading your blog

Anonymous said...

Every now and then, God smiles on us and grant us moments like this to see the reality of his love and how truly beautiful life is.
We must be sure to stop and reflect on these moments, cause their effect will last for good.

Anonymous said...

Your description is so vivid that I could experience the same feelings.