Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Touched by an Angel



Today, I got out on the wrong side of the bed. Everything in my day went backwards. Bad teaching experience, while my supervisor was attending, not getting assignments on time, peer pressure (can't help being the youngest everywhere), and all sorts of things that went wrong. Finally, I stayed with my 102 students to do the 'essay clinic' because their midterm evaluation is close. I had to fix terrible paragraphs and comfort frightened students. I had to give them a lot of confidence of which I lacked. I have been there and I made it, and so that is what I kept on telling them…I made it through, and now I am teaching you.
I had all sorts of other things at the back of mind, including my falling apart thesis and late essays that needs to be written, my school's centenary preparation, missing terribly the choir, friends that are angry with me because I've been awfully busy, my lectureship professor who is angry with me because I just didn't notice him at the elevator the other day while talking over the phone to sort out a problem at work, my infinite to do list, my sick 3 year old cousin, my work at Cultnat and the research that I still didn't finish for this week, and being not able to lent as I would have wanted. All this was going through my head, for a while I forgot about who is in control of my day.
As it was approaching 5:30 pm, after 3 hours of conferencing I was finally waiting for the last student to check her rewritten paragraph. I found her approaching me with a big smile, and she got me a cheesecake and told me that she felt that I would need it. Although, I could not accept it because of my lent, but she gave me something a lot more valuable than a cheesecake. Her very little, kind and thoughtful act reached right through my heart and made me feel that God was just sending me a great comforting message. I tried hard to hide my eyes swelling with tears. I was greatly touched, and felt that this clear beautiful message was sent to me through this little angel. I had positive energy that could have kept me fixing essays for a week and I left school feeling not so bad about my day, reminding myself of who is control at the end of the day….
Today, I've been touched by a smiley angel…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that over ourselves or between us and any form of higher existence (God) is still, a connection. We are in His plan or He is our plan.
WHO CAN TELL US?

Monica said...

I can't tell who can tell us, it is an experience, not a story to tell...
At the end of the day, there is only a single way to find out...
One Day!